Fields referred to the lost chances in the red zone as “finish, that’s it.” Finish is the main goal of the entire game. We didn’t complete. failed to complete a wide-open touchdown pass. Herbert was given the ball on a fourth-and-1 but was unable to complete the play. I was unable to finish the last play. There were numerous plays in that game that we could have made to alter the outcome, but the bottom line is that we fell short. Even if you get all the way to the 5- or 1-yard line and still fail to score, it doesn’t matter. Similar to a three-and-out, you punt inside the 10 yard line. The same applies. Therefore, completion is the most important thing.

After receiver Velus Jones Jr. botched a punt at the Bears’ six-yard line, Washington scored the game-winning touchdown in the fourth quarter. Running back Brian Robinson Jr. gave the Commanders a 12-7 lead with a 1-yard touchdown run.

Fields ran for 88 yards and completed 14 of 27 throws for 190 yards. David Montgomery and Herbert, both running backs, contributed 67 and 75 additional yards on the ground, respectively.

Carson Wentz, the quarterback for the Commanders, completed 12 of 22 throws for 99 yards, and Alfred Robinson rushed for 60 yards on 17 rushes and a touchdown.

On the Bears’ second possession, the offense was advancing downfield as Fields made passes to receivers Dante Pettis for 19 yards and Kmet for 15 yards. Fields’ pass for Kmet was intercepted by tackle Jonathan Allen after end Efe Obada tipped it at the Washington 5 yard line.

Linebacker Roquan Smith sacked Wentz on third down for a loss of 5 yards, stopping the Commanders’ momentum. Herbert avoided defenders after the Bears regained possession at their own 30, breaking loose on a 64-yard run to get to the Washington 6-yard line.

Fields overthrew Griffin in the end zone on third down when the Bears had their best chance to score, and Herbert was stopped the following play.

Slye’s 38-yard field goal to give the Commanders a 3-0 lead 46 seconds before halftime was the game’s first scoring. J.D. McKissic’s 16-yard run was the most significant play for Washington during the drive, but cornerbacks Kyler Gordon and Jaylon Johnson were both called for pass interference, allowing the Commanders to remain on the field and enter Bears territory.

With 7:16 left in the third quarter, a 40-yard touchdown pass from Fields to Pettis gave the Bears a 7-3 advantage. Fields threw the ball fast on second-and-9 to catch the Commanders with 12 players on the field, and then he perfectly placed a deep pass to Pettis in the back of the end zone. On the nine-play drive, the Bears covered 94 yards.

Matt Eberflus, the coach, remarked, “That was great.” It was excellent. These first few games, we’ve been attempting to accomplish that, and we succeeded. What a throw, man. We all know how good he is at throwing deep balls, and he threw one right there, where Dante made a fantastic catch.

With 14:51 remaining in the game, Slye kicked a 28-yard field goal to help the Commanders cut the Bears’ lead to 7-6. The field goal attempt was necessitated when tackle Justin Jones intercepted Wentz’s ball on third-and-10 from the 10. On the 13-play drive, running back Antonio Gibson was responsible for 43 of the 65 yards.

Jones botched the subsequent punt and Washington recovered the ball at Chicago’s 6-yard line after the Bears defense forced a three-and-out. Two plays later, Robinson made a one-yard punch to the center. With 7:21 remaining in the game, the Commanders seized a 12-7 lead despite failing on a two-point attempt.

Subscribe to us!